Laura A. Berry
Puyallup, Washington 98371
To work long term with a family as their personal nanny to give loving, fun and professional care for their children and household needs. With over twenty-two years of experience in the child care field, my management, teaching and organizational skills give me the ability to provide excellent care in a child care environment or a nanny position. I pride myself in being a very patient, kind and caring nanny thatís committed to helping children of all ages grow to be happy kids. Iím continuously learning new skills to improve my knowledge in early childhood education.
March 2011 - December 2012 ~ Nanny care in Fife, WA
- Full-time care for twin 5 year old brother & sister from 3/11 - 8/12, then part-time care from 9/12 to 12/12 after the children began preschool.
- Plan and teach preschool level activities such as the alphabet, colors, numbers,
shapes, Reading Eggs & iPad learning.
- Arts, reading, music, singing & dancing, fun craft and holiday projects.
- Cook and prepare meals, chores such as laundry, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, and other child related chores.
- Provide transportation to / from school and other fun places such as the local parks, swimming & ballet lessons.
- Maintain family grocery list and items needed for arts & craft projects.
- Care during work hours of family dog.
Day Care Owner / Licensed Provider
July 1989 - October 2010 ~ Lilífaces Child Care, Portland, OR ~ www.Lilfaces.com
- State Registered professional & loving care for children ages six weeks to twelve years in a fun home preschool environment for over 19 years.
- Teach preschool level activities such as the alphabet, colors, numbers, shapes, weather, calendar, telling time, puzzles, lacing cards, sign language, preschool level Spanish.
- Arts, music, singing & dancing, dress-up, musical instruments and exercise time.
- Provide age appropriate activities, preschool program & daily, weekly planning.
- Menu planning, daily paperwork, hiring of employees, monthly training, food preparation.
- CPR, Infant CPR, first Aid & County Food Handlers training.
- Registered through the Oregon Criminal History Registry
- Additional Background checks through Care.com.
Freelance Web Designer - Part-time
September 1999 - October 2010 ~ LC Webworks, Portland, OR ~ www.LCWebworks.com
- Plan, layout & design websites for clients on the World Wide Web.
- Excellent customer relations to provide professional web sites.
- Specialize in design for daycare providers, teachers and daycare centers.
- Professional sites designed for small to medium businesses.
- HTML coding, graphics software, Windows XP, MS Word, NetObjects Fusion.
- Daily, weekly, monthly planning, writing, scheduling and paperwork.
- Design, complete and maintain websites to customerís specifications.
- Networking, planning & meeting with current and potential clients.
Breakfast Bar / Guest Services Supervisor
February 1994 - October 1994 ~ Residence Inn Portland West, Hillsboro, OR
- Worked independently, vendor ordering, full-time breakfast bar service, customer service, food prep, maintained cleanliness for excellent health inspections.
- Daily shopping for customers, menu planning for evening guest services.
- Drive company van & customers to requested destinations.
Assistant Manager / Closing Supervisor
September 1982 - March 1986 ~ Round Table Pizza, Mountain Park / Tigard, OR
- Open and close of restaurant, supervise crew of 10+ employees, daily paperwork,
- till counts, daily deposits, Excellent customer service maintained by all employees.
- Ordering food, maintain health standards, weekly & monthly inventories.
- Food preparation, bar service, pizza making, ovens, cleaning.
- Worked along side all employees daily, including all aspects of training.
Renaissance School of the Arts, Oakland, California - 1977 - 1978
Lake Oswego High School, Lake Oswego, Oregon - 1979 - 1982
Early Childhood Education ~ continuous
Computer Skills: Windows XP / Vista, MS Word, Adobe Professional, NetObjects Fusion
Attend college to earn an ECE degree in childhood education.
Becoming a Foster Parent in the future.
References Available on Request